Monday, October 5, 2009

DEDICATION to my country



The first thing cross to my mind is Jon F.Kennedy quote said : "Ask not what country can do for you -ask what you  can do for your country". I write this topic just to tell my children and all my grandchildren that
their father or grandfather share his dedication to his beloved country, Indonesia.



My first Branch


Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Bank BRI) where I am working for 21 years, was a State own Bank, its main missions were to finance agricultural sectors and and small scale business in rural areas. In Soeharto era the first priority programs were to increase rice production to a level of self supporting with zero import. For this goals Goverment introduced a new program called BIMAS, Bimbingan Massal or Mass giudance, where BRI and me highly involved

In my first involvement in this program started at Head Office, Jakarta in BIMAS Department in setting the policies. And most of the time were in the fields,in the Branches from Subang, Bekasi, West Java, Kebumen and Kudus in Central Java,  Kupang and Atambua in East Nusantara province..

After transfered to Head office back 10 years later, my main functions were managed up to 1.200 Bank BRI Unit Desa offices all over the country, mostly in computerized. I was assigned as a Project manager.from scrtatch in order to eanable BRI create an eficient services to mass costumers and be a solid barrier to protected another Banks to enter the rural areas. Scratch in program/software development and starting from one single Pilot project at Cibinong, Bogor branch, West Java.

Here is a memory will never out of my mind in the rest of my life, interesting and funny as well. Can you imagine, in every meeting the District head (Bupati) asked me to stand up in front of a Black board, writing the list of Villages related to BIMAS loan numbers.

While standing, he intoducing my name. "His name is Situmeang", he said my family name.The crowded laughing instantly to memorize it. To make it easer to their ears the name was cutted in two words, Situ and Meang. In local Sundanese language Situ mean Pond and Meong is Cat. Situmeang means Pond's Cat. Until then, most of the Village's head in Subang district familiar with this strange name.

The second memories was  in setted up hundreds of a new Bank BRI  Units in remote island, Sub districts of East Nusatenggara Province. We delighted to got a licences from Bank Indonesia Denpasar, Bali  including in costs subsidized the new office Buildings and office supplies.
Now, if you happened visit Sub Disticts in this province, just named  the Bank BRI  units. Some of them went throgh my hands, from licences application, reqesting Logistic, Hardwares, supplies till to initiating opeartion.

Governor Ben Mboy in corn harvest time 1983
in Betun Sub District, Atambua


Another dedication, when my Branch office involved in Lorosae program in 1983 to finance growing "corn seed" for whole districts in this province for the next season.

Mr.Martono, BRI Regional manager send a letter to BRI head office to reward me for succeded the Lorosae program. We managed to collect 100% of corn seed loan on time, soon after the harvest done.

A new Bank BRI at Maliana, East Timor.

Another unique experiences that not every body had the opportunity was to make a good bussiness relationship with residents and Goverment of East Timor, now Timor Leste country, neigbourgh district in east of Atambua.

I was assigned to set up a new Bank BRI unit in small town of Maliana, Bobonaro district, in my supervision. In right foto, District head dedicated the new office by open a curtain of BRI name board.

In the same period of time I accompanied my superior, Mr.Martono to contacted military authority to get a permit  to open up a new BRI  Bank branch in Dilli, capital city, after Bank Indonesia and Bank Dagang Negara.

To do the job done, regularly I went to Maliana through dusting road and cross wide river without bridge while took a lot of cash supply for the Bank in a situation between war and peace.

These stories mostly in eastern part of Indonesia for 5 years or more, beyond the other duties in Java island and Head office that will write in another topics. In total I had spend 21 years services in Bank BRI as my duty, dedication and love my country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY